Kissing

Here it is, my promised post about kissing:
I had asked all of you guys about when you think "the first kiss" should be saved for. The results that I got kind of surprised me for a few reasons. One, because I had no idea that people had actually thought about this. Two, I didn't know that there were that many girls promising to save their first kiss for their husband. Three, I got a lot of responses, which made me happy.

Well here goes nothing...

You'll have a good time. I can promise you that. Kissing is (so I've heard) marvelous. But I'm really not going to go into that side of it. But the fact that you are kissing means that you have emotional ties to the person that you've locked lips with. What will it feel like when there is no more of that. When you break up and find that you don't have that person there for you anymore? The empty feeling inside your heart will burn, it will hurt for quite a long time. It will take a long time to heal, but God is the One who will heal it, in His time.

But, after you have broken up with that person, what happens when you start dating someone else? You've already been to the "kissing stage". What is stopping you from doing it again? There is no more barrier that you haven't broken down. This time you might even go further. And if you haven't had a chance to completely heal from your previous relationship, most likely you'll dive into your next relationship quickly and not have as many boundaries to stop at.

You feel as if you love this person right now. It's probable. I'm not saying it's impossible. It's good to be open to love. One of my favorite quotes- "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung, and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in a casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable." C.S. Lewis. So the fact that you are open to dating/love is good, that's how God made it. As long as we don't dwell on the fact that we are dating and going farther into a relationship to quickly without realizing if were too young for where are relationship is at.

Another thought, what will happen when you are introducing your family to a previous boyfriend/girlfriend? Will you be ashamed of what you had done in that relationship? Would you be embarrassed? Or would you be able to introduce them as a friend, with a clean mind included?

Those are just my thoughts. I have friends who are/have been on both side of this. One, who has been in relationships with guys that have brought about kissing, and one that has promised to save her first kiss for the only one it is supposed to go to...

I tend to side with the second.

I am saving my kiss for for my one and only because of what the One and Only wants me to do.
I can't even tell you how long I've fought Him in this battle between my personal desires and what He wants me to do. Guess who won?
Him.
And I'm glad.
Feel free to share any thoughts you have, weather you agree on not, I don't mind :)
~Believer in PRTC

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts. :) I miss you. By the way, this is your kinda blog: http://daily-nail.blogspot.com

    I just realized how much I HATE both of the ends of the Yin Yang episodes. I wish that he and Jules would just start going out. I still haven't seen the start of Season 5. Ughhh. Have a great time at PIP. I can't wait to hear ALL about Serve! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome post! I completely agree! :) I'm following and thanks for praying for my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm glad thats so :) Thanks for following!! Your welcome, hope all is better with him! I'll be praying though!

    ReplyDelete