Rain

Every time the wind stirs I look out the window, (which I have been doing for the last two days here) I try to find any hint of rain. Rain is my therapy. It's the way I learn to let go of things, to remind myself of how to forgive, and that I, myself, am forgiven. I can spin and twirl in the rain like I'm 5, I can sing at the top of my lungs, like no one is listening, and laugh hysterically.I could splash in every puddle alive, and make the water fly everywhere. I can feel like I could conquer the world in maybe a day or two. I could fly. I could love again without hurt or boundaries. I could find what I've been missing. I could have my old life back. I could forget. But, the best thing is...


"Stillness in the air
clouds hovering nearby
waiting

tears fall silently
blending into warm streams
upon my cheeks

following paths
like my thoughts
over time

each droplet
holds a dream
and a hope."

I can cry, and no one notices.
~Believer in PRTC

2 comments:

  1. I love: you, this post, you, rain, and mostly you. you have now idea how much I'm gonna miss you this summer :(

    ReplyDelete