Tag, I'm it!

Eldarwen tagged me for this post! Thanks girl!


"Pick your favorite musical artist/movie star/famous whoever -- and post a picture (or two, or three, or four) of him, and what it is about him that you love, and what it is about him that you might hope for, for whoever God has planned for you for your future."
Michael Donehey- lead of Tenth Ave. North.



What is it that I love about him? I love his music. His songs are learning experiences for me. They teach new concepts and ideas. He went to a christian school his whole life, which is nice to know that there is hope for someone who has been there and done that. I think that's why his songs always hit home for me. You learn a lot in a Christian school, and I think he's used that and incorporated it into the songs. I've actually talked to the guy once. It was when I was in Alabama for Student Life 2009 (which is the coolest thing ever.) They were going to put on a concert, and I got to go right on up and talk to the band. I still have his pick from the concert. It was very exciting.

 

I hope for being silly and having fun. I hope for seriousness that develops into deep and meaningful conversations. I hope for joy, and love. I hope for God to be the center of all relationships. I hope for ways to help people know Jesus. I hope for Jesus to be a must to survive. I hope for Him to be everything.
This is how I picture him being like. Since I can only assume, I gave this more from my perspective.


 

Whoever God has planned for my future. He's married. I'm not one of those people who fan girls (who knew that could be a verb?) on someone who is married. But, I love that he has a family and that his family means a lot to him. I'm his friend on facebook (yeah, I know, way to be a stalker Ali.) and he has these pictures posted on there that are of him, his wife, and his daughter. I love that I can easily assume that he's a family guy. He's bold. I love it when people become "famous" and they tell people what they believe in. It's admirable.
I almost did Francis Chan on this, but decided not to because of this article. I still completely admire who he is and what God is challenging us to do through him.
Enjoy!
~Believer in PRTC

ps- You should sign up for my giveaway!! (If you haven't already.)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful choice! Tenth Avenue North is my very favorite musical group...their lyrics are so beautiful, and powerful. I loved reading your perspective on Mike, and who he would seem to be.
    And that's so snazzy that you got to meet him! How cool! :D

    -Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cool that you got to meet him!! His insight on life and faith is amazing and I love that he loves his family :)
    yeah, i get annoyed by those girls that are so "in love" with a guy and he's married!! I mean seriously. Its one thing to admire and respect a guy but to say "I love him" and they go on and on. Some girls even put down the guy's wife because "she got him first". sheesh!!
    ok enough of my ranting :P I found your blog and I'm following! :)

    with love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete