Well, it's me again. I went to Grandpa Koch's funeral today. It was a happy sort of sad. It wasn't happy like relief, but as if it were a happy moment. Knowing how much everyone loved this guy,(I only met him once)and how much they were going to miss him, was kind of comforting. The littler kid performed a dance to Carly Simon's "Itsy Bitsy Spider" Which was really cool. The song talked about a new beginning. They thought as it as a new beginning for this loved one. He was a believer, which is also another comfort, knowing that someday we'll all be able to see him again.
To be kind of ironic, my great great uncle Leon passed away while we were at gpa Koch's funeral. I was never that close to Uncle Leon and Jerry (Jerry was his wife, she passed less then a year ago.) My uncle had had a stroke about a month ago or so, and because of that he couldn't talk. somehow it ended in his death. The things I do remember of him, were that he was so nice, and just a goofy guy. He loved music. My brother and I always took our instruments to go play for him and Jerry, because they adored it. They both played piano, very well. I hadn't seen my uncle in about 2 months because he was at the nursing home, but God's got another believer in heaven right now.
Fyi- It's snowed today, and I about fell off my bed when I woke up because I was scrambling to see it. I LOVE snow!!!
Another thing, I have a prayer request for all of you. My childhood best friend/my brothers girlfriend now, has something called dock8. There is a lot more I could say, but for right now, just pray for her and her sister Kelsey's healing if you want to know more, you can check out there blog at http://kjkdancingthroughtherain.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
~Believer in Purple Rain and Talking cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment